Namaz means prayer in Urdu whereas the Arabic word for Prayer is Salah. It is the form of worship of Allah ta’ala.
Allah Ta’ala has mentioned the importance and benefits of Namaz nearly 500 times in the Holy Qur’an. Read the following verses from the Quran to understand the importance of namaz
(1) And seek help in patience and As-Salat (the prayer) and truly it is extremely heavy and hard except for Al-Khashi'un [i.e. the true believers in Allah - those who obey Allah with full submission, fear much from His Punishment, and believe in His Promise (Paradise) and in His Warnings (Hell)].
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #45)
2) And who are more unjust than those who forbid that Allah's Name be glorified and mentioned much (i.e. prayers and invocations, etc.) in Allah's Mosques and strive for their ruin? It was not fitting that such should themselves enter them (Allah's Mosques) except in fear. For them there is disgrace in this world, and they will have a great torment in the Hereafter.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #114)
3) And (remember) when We made the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) a place of resort for mankind and a place of safety. And take you (people) the Maqam (place) of Ibrahim (Abraham) [or the stone on which Ibrahim (Abraham) عليه السلام stood while he was building the Ka'bah] as a place of prayer (for some of your prayers, e.g. two Rak'at after the Tawaf of the Ka'bahat Makkah), and We commanded Ibrahim (Abraham) and Isma'il (Ishmael) that they should purify My House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) for those who are circumambulating it, or staying (I'tikaf), or bowing or prostrating themselves (there, in prayer).
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #125)
4) The fools among the people (pagans, hypocrites, and Jews) will say, "What has turned them (Muslims) from their Qiblah [prayer direction (towards Jerusalem)] to which they used to face in prayer." Say, (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) "To Allah belong both, east and the west. He guides whom He wills to the Straight Way."
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #142)
5) Thus We have made you [true Muslims - real believers of Islamic Monotheism, true followers of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and his Sunnah (legal ways)], a just (and the best) nation, that you be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) be a witness over you. And We made the Qiblah (prayer direction towards Jerusalem) which you used to face, only to test those who followed the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) from those who would turn on their heels (i.e. disobey the Messenger). Indeed it was great (heavy) except for those whom Allah guided. And Allah would never make your faith (prayers) to be lost (i.e. your prayers offered towards Jerusalem). Truly, Allah is full of Kindness, the Most Merciful towards mankind.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #143)
6) Verily! We have seen the turning of your (Muhammad's صلى الله عليه وسلم) face towards the heaven. Surely, We shall turn you to a Qiblah (prayer direction) that shall please you, so turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid-al-Haram (at Makkah). And wheresoever you people are, turn your faces (in prayer) in that direction. Certainly, the people who were given the Scripture (i.e. Jews and the Christians) know well that, that (your turning towards the direction of the Ka'bah at Makkah in prayers) is the truth from their Lord. And Allah is not unaware of what they do.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #144)
7) And even if you were to bring to the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) all the Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), they would not follow your Qiblah (prayer direction), nor are you going to follow their Qiblah (prayer direction). And they will not follow each other's Qiblah (prayer direction). Verily, if you follow their desires after that which you have received of knowledge (from Allah), then indeed you will be one of the Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers).
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #145)
8) For every nation there is a direction to which they face (in their prayers). So hasten towards all that is good. Wheresoever you may be, Allah will bring you together (on the Day of Resurrection). Truly, Allah is Able to do all things.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #148)
9) And from wheresoever you start forth (for prayers), turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid-Al-Haram (at Makkah), that is indeed the truth from your Lord. And Allah is not unaware of what you do.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #149)
10) And from wheresoever you start forth (for prayers), turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid-Al-Haram (at Makkah), and wheresoever you are, turn your faces towards it (when you pray) so that men may have no argument against you except those of them that are wrong-doers, so fear them not, but fear Me! - And so that I may complete My Blessings on you and that you may be guided.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #150)
11) O you who believe! Seek help in patience and As-Salat (the prayer). Truly! Allah is with As-Sabirun (the patient).
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #153)
12) It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and each and every act of obedience to Allah, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allah, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masakin (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat ), and gives the Zakat, and who fulfil their covenant when they make it, and who are patient in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of fighting (during the battles). Such are the people of the truth and they are Al-Muttaqun (the pious - See V.2:2).
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #177)
13) It is made lawful for you to have sexual relations with your wives on the night of As-Saum (the fasts). They are Libas [i.e. body cover, or screen, or Sakan, (i.e. you enjoy the pleasure of living with them - as in Verse 7:189) Tafsir At-Tabari ], for you and you are the same for them. Allah knows that you used to deceive yourselves, so He turned to you (accepted your repentance) and forgave you. So now have sexual relations with them and seek that which Allah has ordained for you (offspring), and eat and drink until the white thread (light) of dawn appears to you distinct from the black thread (darkness of night), then complete your Saum (fast) till the nightfall. And do not have sexual relations with them (your wives) while you are in I'tikaf (i.e. confining oneself in a mosque for prayers and invocations leaving the worldly activities) in the mosques. These are the limits (set) by Allah, so approach them not. Thus does Allah make clear His Ayat (proofs, evidence, lessons, signs, revelations, verses, laws, legal and illegal things, Allah's set limits, orders) to mankind that they may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious - See V.2:2).
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #187)
14) There is no sin on you if you seek the Bounty of your Lord (during pilgrimage by trading). Then when you leave 'Arafat , remember Allah (by glorifying His Praises, i.e. prayers and invocations) at the Mash'ar-il-Haram . And remember Him (by invoking Allah for all good.) as He has guided you, and verily, you were, before, of those who were astray.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #198)
15) They ask you concerning menstruation. Say: that is an Adha (a harmful thing for a husband to have a sexual intercourse with his wife while she is having her menses), therefore keep away from women during menses and go not unto them till they are purified (from menses and have taken a bath). And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allah has ordained for you (go in unto them in any manner as long as it is in their vagina). Truly, Allah loves those who turn unto Him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves (by taking a bath and cleaning and washing thoroughly their private parts, bodies, for their prayers).
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #222)
16) Guard strictly (five obligatory) As-Salawat (the prayers) especially the middle Salat (i.e. the best prayer - 'Asr ) . And stand before Allah with obedience [and do not speak to others during the Salat (prayers)].
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #238)
17) And if you fear (an enemy), perform Salat (pray) on foot or riding. And when you are in safety, offer the Salat (prayer) in the manner He has taught you, which you knew not (before).
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #239)
18) Then the angels called him, while he was standing in prayer in Al-Mihrab (a praying place or a private room), (saying): "Allah gives you glad tidings of Yahya (John), confirming (believing in) the word from Allah [i.e. the creation of 'Îsa (Jesus) عليه السلام, the Word from Allah ("Be!" - and he was!)], noble, keeping away from sexual relations with women, a Prophet, from among the righteous."
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #39)
19) Not all of them are alike; a party of the people of the Scripture stand for the right, they recite the Verses of Allah during the hours of the night, prostrating themselves in prayer.
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #113)
20) Those who remember Allah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted are You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire.
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #191)
21) O you who believe! Approach not As-Salat (the prayer) when you are in a drunken state until you know (the meaning) of what you utter, nor when you are in a state of Janaba ,(i.e. in a state of sexual impurity and have not yet taken a bath) except when travelling on the road (without enough water, or just passing through a mosque), till you wash your whole body. And if you are ill, or on a journey, or one of you comes after answering the call of nature, or you have been in contact with women (by sexual relations) and you find no water, perform Tayammum with clean earth and rub therewith your faces and hands (Tayammum) . Truly, Allah is Ever Oft-Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving.
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #43)
22) And when you (Muslims) travel in the land, there is no sin on you if you shorten As-Salat (the prayer) if you fear that the disbelievers may put you in trial (attack you etc.), verily, the disbelievers are ever unto you open enemies.
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #101)
23) When you (O Messenger Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) are among them, and lead them in As-Salat (the prayer), let one party of them stand up [in Salat (prayer)] with you taking their arms with them; when they finish their prostrations, let them take their positions in the rear and let the other party come up which have not yet prayed, and let them pray with you taking all the precautions and bearing arms. Those who disbelieve wish, if you were negligent of your arms and your baggage, to attack you in a single rush, but there is no sin on you if you put away your arms because of the inconvenience of rain or because you are ill, but take every precaution for yourselves. Verily, Allah has prepared a humiliating torment for the disbelievers.
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #102)
24) When you have finished As-Salat (the congregational prayer), remember Allah standing, sitting down, and (lying down) on your sides, but when you are free from danger, perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat). Verily, As-Salat (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours.
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #103)
25) Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah, but it is He Who deceives them. And when they stand up for As-Salat (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allah but little.
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #142)
26) O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salat (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, rub (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to ankles . If you are in a state of Janaba (i.e. after a sexual discharge), purify yourselves (bathe your whole body). But if you are ill or on a journey, or any of you comes after answering the call of nature, or you have been in contact with women (i.e. sexual intercourse), and you find no water, then perform Tayammum with clean earth and rub therewith your faces and hands. Allah does not want to place you in difficulty, but He wants to purify you, and to complete His Favour to you that you may be thankful.
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #6)
27) Verily, your Wali (Protector or Helper) is none other than Allah, His Messenger, and the believers, - those who perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, and they are Raki'un (those who bow down or submit themselves with obedience to Allah in prayer).
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #55)
28) And when you proclaim the call for As-Salat [call for the prayer (Adhan )], they take it (but) as a mockery and fun; that is because they are a people who understand not.
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #58)
29) Shaitan (Satan) wants only to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants (alcoholic drinks) and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah and from As-Salat (the prayer). So, will you not then abstain?
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #91)
30) O you who believe! When death approaches any of you, and you make a bequest, (then take) the testimony of two just men of your own folk or two others from outside, while you are travelling through the land and death befalls on you. Detain them both after As-Salat (the prayer), (then) if you are in doubt (about their truthfulness), let them both swear by Allah (saying): "We wish not for any worldly gain in this, even though he (the beneficiary) be our near relative. We shall not hide Testimony of Allah, for then indeed we should be of the sinful."
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #106)
31) And this (the Qur'an) is a blessed Book which We have sent down, confirming (the revelations) which came before it, so that you may warn the Mother of Towns (i.e. Makkah) and all those around it. Those who believe in the Hereafter believe in it (the Qur'an), and they are constant in guarding their Salat (prayers).
( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #92)
32) Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists).
( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #162)
33) Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): My Lord has commanded justice and (said) that you should face Him only (i.e. worship none but Allah and face the Qiblah, i.e. the Ka'bah at Makkah during prayers) in every place of worship, in prayers (and not to face other false deities and idols), and invoke Him only making your religion sincere to Him (by not joining in worship any partner with Him and with the intention that you are doing your deeds for Allah's sake only). As He brought you (into being) in the beginning, so shall you be brought into being [on the Day of Resurrection in two groups, one as a blessed one (believers), and the other as a wretched one (disbelievers)].
( سورة الأعراف , Al-Araf, Chapter #7, Verse #29)
34) So, when the Qur'an is recited, listen to it, and be silent that you may receive mercy. [i.e. during the compulsory congregational prayers when the Imam (of a mosque) is leading the prayer (except Surat Al-Fatihah), and also when he is delivering the Friday-prayer Khutbah]. (Tafsir At-Tabari).
( سورة الأعراف , Al-Araf, Chapter #7, Verse #204)
35) Their Salat (prayer) at the House (of Allah, i.e. the Ka'bah at Makkah) was nothing but whistling and clapping of hands. Therefore taste the punishment because you used to disbelieve.
( سورة الأنفال , Al-Anfal, Chapter #8, Verse #35)
36) And nothing prevents their contributions from being accepted from them except that they disbelieved in Allah and in His Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), and that they came not to As-Salat (the prayer) except in a lazy state, and that they offer not contributions but unwillingly.
( سورة التوبة , At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #54)
37) And never (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) pray (funeral prayer) for any of them (hypocrites) who dies, nor stand at his grave. Certainly they disbelieved in Allah and His Messenger, and died while they were Fasiqun (rebellious, - disobedient to Allah and His Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم).
( سورة التوبة , At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #84)
38) (The believers whose lives Allah has purchased are) those who turn to Allah in repentance (from polytheism and hypocrisy, etc.), who worship (Him), who praise (Him), who fast (or go out in Allah's Cause), who bow down (in prayer), who prostrate themselves (in prayer), who enjoin (on people) Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all what Islam has ordained) and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds and all that Islam has forbidden), and who observe the limits set by Allah (do all that Allah has ordained and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which Allah has forbidden). And give glad tidings to the believers.
( سورة التوبة , At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #112)
39) They said: "O Shu'aib! Does your Salat (prayer) command that we give up what our fathers used to worship, or that we give up doing what we like with our property? Verily, you are the forbearer, right-minded!" (They said this sarcastically).
( سورة هود , Hud, Chapter #11, Verse #87)
40) And perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat ), at the two ends of the day and in some hours of the night [i.e. the five compulsory Salat (prayers)]. Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds (i.e. small sins). That is a reminder (an advice) for the mindful (those who accept advice).
( سورة هود , Hud, Chapter #11, Verse #114)
41) Perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) from mid-day till the darkness of the night (i.e. the Zuhr, 'Asr, Maghrib and 'Isha' prayers), and recite the Qur'an in the early dawn (i.e. the morning prayer). Verily, the recitation of the Qur'an in the early dawn is ever witnessed (attended by the angels in charge of mankind of the day and the night) .
( سورة الإسراء , Al-Isra, Chapter #17, Verse #78)
42) And in some parts of the night (also) offer the Salat (prayer) with it (i.e. recite the Qur'an in the prayer), as an additional prayer (Tahajjud optional prayer - Nawafil) for you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم). It may be that your Lord will raise you to Maqam Mahmud (a station of praise and glory, i.e. the honour of intercession on the Day of Resurrection.) .
( سورة الإسراء , Al-Isra, Chapter #17, Verse #79)
43) Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم): "Invoke Allah or invoke the Most Gracious (Allah), by whatever name you invoke Him (it is the same), for to Him belong the Best Names. And offer your Salat (prayer) neither aloud nor in a low voice, but follow a way between.
( سورة الإسراء , Al-Isra, Chapter #17, Verse #110)
44) And keep yourself (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) patiently with those who call on their Lord (i.e. your companions who remember their Lord with glorification, praising in prayers, and other righteous deeds) morning and afternoon, seeking His Face; and let not your eyes overlook them, desiring the pomp and glitter of the life of the world; and obey not him whose heart We have made heedless of Our Remembrance, and who follows his own lusts, and whose affair (deeds) has been lost.
( سورة الكهف , Al-Kahf, Chapter #18, Verse #28)
45) "And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me Salat (prayer), and Zakat, as long as I live."
( سورة مريم , Maryam, Chapter #19, Verse #31)
46) And he used to enjoin on his family and his people As-Salat (the prayers) and the Zakat and his Lord was pleased with him.
( سورة مريم , Maryam, Chapter #19, Verse #55)
47) Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salat (the prayers) [i.e. made their Salat (prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell.
( سورة مريم , Maryam, Chapter #19, Verse #59)
48) So bear patiently (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) what they say, and glorify the praises of your Lord before the rising of the sun, and before its setting, and during some hours of the night, and at the ends of the day (an indication for the five compulsory congregational prayers), that you may become pleased (with the reward which Allah shall give you).
( سورة طه , Taha, Chapter #20, Verse #130)
49) And enjoin As-Salat (the prayer) on your family, and be patient in offering them [i.e. the Salat (prayers)]. We ask not of you a provision (i.e. to give Us something: money): We provide for you. And the good end (i.e. Paradise) is for the Muttaqun (the pious - See V.2:2).
( سورة طه , Taha, Chapter #20, Verse #132)
50) And (remember) when We showed Ibrahim (Abraham) the site of the (Sacred) House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) (saying): "Associate not anything (in worship) with Me, [La ilaha illallah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah) - Islamic Monotheism], and sanctify My House for those who circumambulate it, and those who stand up (for prayer), and those who bow (submit themselves with humility and obedience to Allah), and make prostration (in prayer);"
( سورة الحج , Al-Hajj, Chapter #22, Verse #26)
51) Those (Muslim rulers) who, if We give them power in the land, (they) enjoin Iqamat-as-Salat [i.e. to perform the five compulsory congregational Salat (prayers) (the males in mosques)], to pay the Zakat and they enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism and all that Islam has forbidden) [i.e. they make the Qur'an as the law of their country in all the spheres of life]. And with Allah rests the end of (all) matters (of creatures).
( سورة الحج , Al-Hajj, Chapter #22, Verse #41)
52) Those who offer their Salat (prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness.
( سورة المؤمنون , Al-Mumenoon, Chapter #23, Verse #2)
53) And those who strictly guard their (five compulsory congregational) Salawat (prayers) (at their fixed stated hours).
( سورة المؤمنون , Al-Mumenoon, Chapter #23, Verse #9)
54) It is these who hasten in the good deeds, and they are foremost in them [e.g. offering the compulsory Salat (prayers) in their (early) stated, fixed times and so on].
( سورة المؤمنون , Al-Mumenoon, Chapter #23, Verse #61)
55) In houses (mosques) which Allah has ordered to be raised (to be cleaned, and to be honoured), in them His Name is remembered [i.e. Adhan, Iqamah, Salat (prayers), invocations, recitation of the Qur'an etc.]. Therein glorify Him (Allah) in the mornings and in the afternoons or the evenings,
( سورة النور , An-Noor, Chapter #24, Verse #36)
56) See you not (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) that Allah, He it is Whom glorify whosoever is in the heavens and the earth, and the birds with wings out-spread (in their flight)?. Of each one He (Allah) knows indeed his Salat (prayer) and his glorification, [or everyone knows his Salat (prayer) and his glorification]; and Allah is All-Aware of what they do.
( سورة النور , An-Noor, Chapter #24, Verse #41)
57) O you who believe! Let your slaves and slave-girls, and those among you who have not come to the age of puberty ask your permission (before they come to your presence) on three occasions: before Fajr (morning) Salat (prayer), and while you put off your clothes for the noonday (rest), and after the 'Isha' (late-night) Salat (prayer). (These) three times are of privacy for you; other than these times there is no sin on you or on them to move about, attending to each other. Thus Allah makes clear the Ayat (the Verses of this Qur'an, showing proofs for the legal aspects of permission for visits) to you. And Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.
( سورة النور , An-Noor, Chapter #24, Verse #58)
58) Who sees you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) when you stand up (alone at night for Tahajjud prayers).
( سورة الشعراء , Ash-Shuara, Chapter #26, Verse #218)
59) And your movements among those who fall prostrate (to Allah in the five compulsory congregational prayers).
( سورة الشعراء , Ash-Shuara, Chapter #26, Verse #219)
60) Recite (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) what has been revealed to you of the Book (the Qur'an), and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat). Verily, As-Salat (the prayer) prevents from Al-Fahsha' (i.e. great sins of every kind, unlawful sexual intercourse) and Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism, and every kind of evil wicked deed) and the remembering (praising) of (you by) Allah (in front of the angels) is greater indeed [than your remembering (praising) of Allah in prayers. And Allah knows what you do.
( سورة العنكبوت , Al-Ankaboot, Chapter #29, Verse #45)
61) So glorify Allah [above all that (evil) they associate with Him (O believers)] when you come up to the evening [i.e. offer the (Maghrib ) sunset and ('Isha') night prayers], and when you enter the morning [i.e. offer the (Fajr) morning prayer].
( سورة الروم , Ar-Room, Chapter #30, Verse #17)
62) And His are all the praises and thanks in the heavens and the earth; and (glorify Him) in the afternoon (i.e. offer 'Asr prayer) and when you come up to the time, when the day begins to decline (i.e. offer Zuhr prayer). (Ibn 'Abbas said: "These are the five compulsory congregational prayers mentioned in the Qur'an)." [Tafsir At-Tabari]
( سورة الروم , Ar-Room, Chapter #30, Verse #18)
63) And glorify His Praises morning and afternoon [the early morning (Fajr) and 'Asr prayers].
( سورة الأحزاب , Al-Ahzab, Chapter #33, Verse #42)
64) And verily, we (angels), we stand in rows (for the prayers as you Muslims stand in rows for your prayers);
( سورة الصافات , As-Saaffat, Chapter #37, Verse #165)
65) And verily, we (angels), indeed are those who glorify (Allah's Praises i.e. perform prayers).
( سورة الصافات , As-Saaffat, Chapter #37, Verse #166)
66) He said: "I did love the good (these horses) instead of remembering my Lord (in my 'Asr prayer)" till the time was over, and (the sun) had hidden in the veil (of night).
( سورة ص , Sad, Chapter #38, Verse #32)
67) Is one who is obedient to Allah, prostrating himself or standing (in prayer) during the hours of the night, fearing the Hereafter and hoping for the Mercy of his Lord (like one who disbelieves)? Say: "Are those who know equal to those who know not?" It is only men of understanding who will remember (i.e. get a lesson from Allah's Signs and Verses).
( سورة الزمر , Az-Zumar, Chapter #39, Verse #9)
68) So be patient (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم). Verily, the Promise of Allah is true, and ask forgiveness for your fault and glorify the praises of your Lord in the 'Ashi (i.e. the time period after the midnoon till sunset) and in the Ibkar (i.e. the time period from early morning or sunrise till before midnoon) [it is said that, that means the five compulsory congregational Salat (prayers) or the 'Asr and Fajr prayers].
( سورة غافر , Ghafir, Chapter #40, Verse #55)
69) Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) is the Messenger of Allah. And those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of prostration (during prayers). This is their description in the Taurat (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, and becomes thick and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers, that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allah has promised those among them who believe (i.e. all those who follow Islamic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward (i.e. Paradise).
( سورة الفتح , Al-Fath, Chapter #48, Verse #29)
70) So bear with patience (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) all that they say, and glorify the Praises of your Lord, before the rising of the sun and before (its) setting (i.e. the Fajr, Zuhr, and 'Asr prayers) .
( سورة ق , Qaf, Chapter #50, Verse #39)
71) And during a part of the night (also) glorify His praises (i.e. Maghrib and 'Isha prayers) and (so likewise) after the prayers [As-Sunnah, Nawafil - optional and additional prayers. And also glorify, praise and magnify Allah - Subhan Allah, Alhamdu lillah, Allahu-Akbar].
( سورة ق , Qaf, Chapter #50, Verse #40)
72) O you who believe! When you are told to make room in the assemblies, (spread out and) make room. Allah will give you (ample) room (from His Mercy). And when you are told to rise up [for prayers, or Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's cause), or for any other good deed], rise up. Allah will exalt in degree those of you who believe, and those who have been granted knowledge. And Allah is Well-Acquainted with what you do.
( سورة المجادلة , Al-Mujadila, Chapter #58, Verse #11)
73) O you who believe (Muslims)! When the call is proclaimed for the Salat (prayer) on Friday (Jumu'ah prayer), come to the remembrance of Allah [Jumu'ah religious talk (Khutbah) and Salat (prayer)] and leave off business (and every other thing). That is better for you if you did but know!
( سورة الجمعة , Al-Jumua, Chapter #62, Verse #9)
74) Then when the (Jumu'ah) Salat (prayer) is ended, you may disperse through the land, and seek the Bounty of Allah (by working, etc.), and remember Allah much: that you may be successful.
( سورة الجمعة , Al-Jumua, Chapter #62, Verse #10)
75) Their eyes will be cast down and ignominy will cover them; they used to be called to prostrate themselves (offer prayers), while they were healthy and good (in the life of the world, but they did not).
( سورة القلم , Al-Qalam, Chapter #68, Verse #43)
76) Except those who are devoted to Salat (prayers).
( سورة المعارج , Al-Maarij, Chapter #70, Verse #22)
77) Those who remain constant in their Salat (prayers);
( سورة المعارج , Al-Maarij, Chapter #70, Verse #23)
78) And those who guard their Salat (prayers) well.
( سورة المعارج , Al-Maarij, Chapter #70, Verse #34)
79) And when the slave of Allah (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) stood up invoking Him (his Lord - Allah) in prayer they (the jinn) just made round him a dense crowd as if sticking one over the other (in order to listen to the Prophet's recitation).
( سورة الجن , Al-Jinn, Chapter #72, Verse #19)
80) Verily, the rising by night (for Tahajjud prayer) is very hard and most potent and good for governing oneself, and most suitable for (understanding) the Word (of Allah).
( سورة المزمل , Al-Muzzammil, Chapter #73, Verse #6)
81) Verily, your Lord knows that you do stand (to pray at night) a little less than two thirds of the night, or half the night, or a third of the night, and also a party of those with you. And Allah measures the night and the day. He knows that you are unable to pray the whole night, so He has turned to you (in mercy). So, recite you of the Qur'an as much as may be easy for you. He knows that there will be some among you sick, others travelling through the land, seeking of Allah's Bounty, yet others fighting in Allah's Cause. So recite as much of the Qur'an as may be easy (for you), and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat ) and give Zakat, and lend to Allah a goodly loan. And whatever good you send before you for yourselves (i.e. Nawafil non-obligatory acts of worship: prayers, charity, fasting, Hajj and 'Umrah), you will certainly find it with Allah, better and greater in reward. And seek Forgiveness of Allah. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most-Merciful .
( سورة المزمل , Al-Muzzammil, Chapter #73, Verse #20)
82) They will say: "We were not of those who used to offer the Salat (prayers),
( سورة المدثر , Al-Muddathir, Chapter #74, Verse #43)
83) And remember the Name of your Lord every morning and afternoon [i.e. offering of the Morning (Fajr), Zuhr, and 'Asr prayers].
( سورة الإنسان , Al-Insan, Chapter #76, Verse #25)
84) And during night, prostrate yourself to Him (i.e. the offering of Maghrib and 'Isha' prayers), and glorify Him a long night through (i.e. Tahajjud prayer).
( سورة الإنسان , Al-Insan, Chapter #76, Verse #26)
85) And when it is said to them: "Bow down yourself (in prayer)!" They bow not down (offer not their prayers).
( سورة المرسلات , Al-Mursalat, Chapter #77, Verse #48)
86) The Day when all the secrets (deeds, prayers, fasting, etc.) will be examined (as to their truth).
( سورة الطارق , At-Tariq, Chapter #86, Verse #9)
87) And remembers (glorifies) the Name of his Lord (worships none but Allah), and prays (five compulsory prayers and Nawafil - additional prayers).
( سورة الأعلى , Al-Ala, Chapter #87, Verse #15)
88) So woe unto those performers of Salat (prayers) (hypocrites),
( سورة الماعون , Al-Maun, Chapter #107, Verse #4)
89) Those who delay their Salat (prayer from their stated fixed times).
( سورة الماعون , Al-Maun, Chapter #107, Verse #5)
90) Therefore turn in prayer to your Lord and sacrifice (to Him only).
( سورة الكوثر , Al-Kauther, Chapter #108, Verse #2)
keep me in your prayer